SDG Challenge Goal #9 - Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
This month’s SDG challenge is about Goal #9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. This is a call to build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation for a better world!
To make your own contribution to the world, take one or more of these challenges:
- Challenge #1 – Get Informed: Let’s get reading! We are asking you to read up about Goal #9 – Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure and learn about the efforts and initiatives being made around the world. You can begin this journey of learning by reading the articles or watching the videos in the ‘Understand’ section of this pack.
- Challenge #2 – Be Political: Let’s get political. Why not write to Tánaiste and the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment asking them to recognise the need for investment in sustainable innovation in Ireland. See the current Government Ministers list as may not always be updated on info pack.
- Challenge #3 – Educate: This challenge invites you to discuss Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure with your friends, family and colleagues. It can be an informal chat with a cuppa or an organised workshop where you can tackle head on with a group. Be sure to share any education activities using #SDGchallenge.
- Challenge #4 Social Media – #Innovate2ModerAte #SDGChallenge: We are a great nation of people for ‘giving-out’ about traffic and poor public transport. Well, it turns out that in the modern world of ideation and innovation that just means we’re predisposed to the first stage of innovative thinking! So let’s take it to the next step and share our ideas & photos about how we can innovate for better cycling and public transport infrastructure. Post on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtags in the title.
More about the SDG Challenge:
In September 2015, world leaders from 193 countries came together to adopt the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs mean we as individuals can take action every month to raise awareness and to help achieve a sustainable future by 2030. Check this video out, if you would like to know more about what is the SDG challenge.
This initiative is supported by Development Perspectives as part of a wider project called Saolta. Anne Hannan, Tutor at Warrenmount Community Education Centre has been enthusiastically running this project since the start, arranging informative sessions and meetings to spread SDG Challenge information for other Tutors/Staff in the Community Education Centre.
Let’s embrace this cause?
We can all help to make a difference and raise awareness of the SDGs! Let’s embrace this cause for a better world in the future?
Good luck fellow challengers!
Previous SDG Challenges:
If you missed the previous SDG Challenges, you can also visit them now:
- SDG Challenge – Goal #8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG Challenge – Goal #7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG Challenge – Goal #6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- SDG Challenge – Goal #5: Gender Equality
- SDG Challenge – Goal #4: Quality Education
- SDG Challenge – Goal #3: Good Health and Well-being
- SDG Challenge – Goal #2: Zero Hunger