Getting Online: Tips For Starting Your Online Classes
Here are some things to remember for getting started with your online classes!
Signing in to your Warrenmount Email Account
- All of our learners are given their own Warrenmount Gmail account. This will give you access to your online classes.
- You will receive an email containing a link to your own personal email asking you to activate your new Warrenmount Email account and create a new password. This link is time sensitive so activate email ASAP (as soon as possible)
- It is really important that you sign out of any other Gmail accounts.
Accessing Google Classroom
- Once you sign into your Warrenmount Gmail account, you will be sent another email inviting you to join Google Classroom.
- You click on the link and you will be brought to your Google Classroom homepage
- Here you simply accept the invitation and join your new class
- Tour of Classroom Video
Accessing your online classes
- In Warrenmount we use Google Meet for our online classes
- One way to access this online session is through an email sent to you when your tutor announces the class on Google Classroom about 15 minutes before your class is about to begin. Accessing Meet Via Email Link
- You can also access your online class by going directly through Google Classroom. Access Meet Via Classroom Page
Joshua Welcome Video
Each Monday learners will have the opportunity to have one to one session with one of our tutors, Joshua, to answer any questions or demonstrate anything, to help our learners with online classes. We will also post some information and advice that we think might be useful. This will be available on our Learner Induction page on Google Classroom, which all learners will be able to access at any time.
It is so important to us here in Warrenmount to keep both our staff and learners safe we will begin this new term online. One of the things that makes Warrenmount so special is the variety of backgrounds and experiences of our learners. This also means our learners have a variety of skills and abilities when it comes to learning online, and we will be here to support those who need it.
Here are some more useful sites: