CV and Cover Letter
How is your CV?
Some tips to improve your CV.
We have lots of courses to help you get a job. If you are about to apply for a new job, you need to put your best foot forward. Ask yourself:
- How do I show my skills?
- How do I show my achievements?
- How do I make myself stand out from other candidates?
For that, you need to have a good CV.
Here’s how to improve your CV:
- Read the job description in detail and refer to each key point.
- Add their ‘keywords’ to your CV.
- Match your skills and experience to the job.
- Think about “Cultural Fit”.
- Think about the specific language each company speaks. Use their language where possible.
For more tips watch the video from a CV Workshop with our tutor, Anne Hannan: https://youtu.be/Qac5fj_k-dg
How Important is a Cover Letter?
A cover letter is a supporting letter that you can provide with your job application, with your CV (or Resume).
Its purpose is to introduce you, your career and ambitions. It should be about 250 to 400 words.
A good cover letter can make the recruiter interested and get them to read your resume. A good cover letter can get you an interview.
Here is a tried-and-tested format:
- Header – Input contact information
- Greeting the hiring manager
- Opening paragraph – Grab the reader’s attention with 2-3 of your top achievements
- Second paragraph – Explain why you’re the perfect candidate for the job
- Third paragraph – Explain why you’re a good match for the company
- Formal closing
For more tips watch our CV and Cover Letter Workshop with Anne Hannan, Tutor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGIsA0iX74