7 tips to improve your online learning experience
Are you wondering how to make the best of your online learning experience? We have 7 valuable tips to help you throughout your learning journey from home.
At Warrenmount Community Education Centre we have adapted our in-person Adult Education classes for online learning since the start of the COVID-19 restrictions in March 2020 as we know that online learning is a great opportunity for people to keep developing new skills and gaining a formal qualification.
There are lots of benefits about learning from the comfort of your own home such as saving time commuting, waking up a bit later as the bed is much closer to your classroom (the computer) and joining classes from a cosy spot at home, but it is also important to get rid of distractions and follow a routine to really enjoy your online classes.
Check it out how to make the best of this experience learning from home:
- Exercise, if possible, and eat well before classes to increase your energy level.
- Find a quiet and comfortable place, without distractions, for a better concentration.
- Let people who live with you know your class schedule to avoid interrupting you.
- Use headphones to direct your attention when joining online classes.
- Have a cup of coffee, tea or water by your side to get hydrated and awake.
- Turn off or put your mobile phone on silent during classes.
- Keep on track of your homework by organising 1 hour a day to get it done.
We hope that these tips will be helpful for your next online class!
If you haven’t registered for our remote classes yet, don’t miss out! Start developing or improving your personal or work skills from home!
We have over 20 different courses for this first Term of 2021 in subjects such as Customer Service, Communications, Digital Marketing, Word Processing, Yoga, Spring Gardening, Local History, Positive Living Skills, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and much more! Pick your course and register now online.