What is Second Chance & Further Education?
Over the past few years a range of programmes have been developed for adults who want to return to education. Adults decide to return to learning for a number of reasons including:
- Perhaps you left school early
- Maybe you never had a chance to do your Junior Certificate or Leaving Certificate
- You may decide that you want to take up a new hobby, learn something new or meet new people
- You might decide that you want to retrain or upskill to improve your employment prospects
- You were recently made unemployed and want to develop your skills
- You are employed in a sector which is declining (e.g. construction). (Source Aontas website)
If you would like to return to education, we at Warrenmount Centre we have many options that may suit you.
There are Programmes run three times a year in ICT, General Learning, Employability Skills and Childcare.
If you are not sure what the right one for you is, or you feel that you are not ready yet to take over a complete programme, we also have the Buddy Reading on Tuesday and the Open Online Learning on Thursday. During this facilitated classes you can explore different options, our Volunteer Tutors will help you through the process, after a while you may feel ready to start a class or a Programme. We will recommend the class that you will be able to start next term.
Buddy Reading – Tuesdays 11:30am
Open Online Learning – Thursday 11:30am
For more information ring 01-4542622 / 0873313635.